Followers

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

This is really inspiring to me.


Tig Notarro found out she had cancer and went on stage to give the most raw and honest performance of her life. This podcast is especially personal to me because recently I have begun to question the very trait that has defined me most of my life; I've often been described as raw and honest. The double edge sword of this trait is that it is something people are hungry for but never satisfied with after it's received.   This podcast is also near and dear to my heart because as I struggle with blood tests, MRIs, cancer scares, lesions, pain and chronic discomfort I wonder just what right I have to write about it. And how can this horror turn into something artistically and culturally relevant.  This disease has marginalized me in such a way that I have gone down dark paths. How macabre of me to try and find the humour in this- or perhaps simply just the humanity. I think Tig is really brave for what she did - and inspiring for me. Thank you Tig!

Listen here to Tig and enjoy! =)

No comments: